Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Photos Of Bahçeşehir Park



As of this morning, I no longer have a Facebook account. Actually, that's not entirely true. When you deactivate a Facebook account, a few things happen.

First, they make you tell it why you're leaving, complete with a compilation of your friends' profile pictures with the caption, "So and so will miss you." When you choose the reason you're leaving, the site gives you a bunch of tips and links to help you solve the problem. Helpful, but annoying as hell. And also completely irrelevant to what I wanted - My problem was that I didn't find the site useful, and its solution was a combination of making more friends and using the site more often to network with them.

Second, my profile doesn't come off the internet. I really wanted to remove all the Sam Goldsmith from the Facebook world that I could. Turns out it's all still there, waiting for me to "reactivate" my account. I guess it's not so bad that people can still look at the photos I've posted, but I wouldn't have posted any of them if I knew they'd be on the Internet forever.

Anyone know of a way I can completely delete everything on my Facebook account? Any tips would be much appreciated. I'm really peeved about this.

In better news, the weather let up for an afternoon today (it's been snowing off and on for a week and a half) so I went down to the park and took some pictures. Hope you like them!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments