Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Sunday, December 12, 2010

City Love and Potato Pancakes


Ladies and gentlemen, I now present to you the third installment of my latest musical project: "City Love," which you can now find on my MySpace page. I'm especially proud of this one. I've been learning more about mixing techniques and recording procedures, and the last two pieces ("Plant The Seeds" and "Old Liar") allowed me to get some experience with these new techniques before trying it out on a song I've had in my head for a long time.

Not to take away from the other songs. I'm proud of everything I put online. But this one's got "single power."

In other news, just because the recent snow in Istanbul forced me to cancel my Hanukkah plans for yesterday didn't mean I had to miss out on eating potato latkes (how the hell do you spell that?) this year. I made them myself for the first time this evening, and some of them even came out! I had a little dish for dipping yogurt and another for dipping jam; lit some candles, making sure to keep them out of the cat's reach; and sang a song or two.

Hanukkah: consider yourself celebrated.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely celebration. I love potato latkes. Were you able to share any of it with mew friends?

    ReplyDelete

Comments