Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Thursday, December 16, 2010

On - I Mean "Off" - Facebook

I've decided to terminate my facebook account, and I'll do so by the end of this week. I've had so many random strangers messaging or friending me, not to mention "friends" I don't even know inviting me to events I'd never go to. The only advantage I see is the chance to easily share photos with a ton of people. Now that I'm not playing concerts anymore, which was the reason I got a facebook account in the first place, there's really no advantage to it. So I'm cutting it off. See ya.

Coming soon: Next week is parents' meeting week. It's going to ruin me. They last from 4:00 until 7:30 with no break and, rumor has it, no food. I will perish, especially on Monday when I teach all day long (I've heard teaching seven lessons in a day is illegal in the Sates, but that's definitely not true here). Needless to say, I probably won't be making many posts next week.

Also, an ammendment to yesterday's post: The Christmas trees are popping up everywhere. I'm very confused.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. I like a little push back to facebook. A return to some privacy. Though facebook was just voted the best company to work for. I like that. Good luck with parents week. Do they have power bars in Turkey?

    ReplyDelete

Comments