Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Busy Start Of 2011

After getting food poisoning and throwing up for the first time since grade school (I can count the time in terms of decades!) on New Year's Day, I've met 2011 head on with a surprisingly difficult workload. This week is the week of speaking exams, a deceptively difficult excuse not to have to teach. Yes, at first I was excited to have the chance to deal with the students one on one rather in their destructive and gratuitously loud groups, but giving 40 students a 6-minute speaking exam turns out to be much more trying on my patience (my one-word resolution) than giving 5-7 lessons to 120-140 students. Partly because I have to give the same exact exam over and over and over again. By the end my head is aching with so much repetition that I feel like opening the window and yelling.

Needless to say, Socrates doesn't understand why I'm not in the mood to pet him when I get home.

It also means I've had no time to acquire the New Year's Eve photos from my co-teacher friend... so unfortunately we'll have to wait for those, too.

Luckily, for 2011 I've vowed patience.

Going out for some deep breaths now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments