Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pictures Of Sultanahmet



I went to the archeology museum again today and took a few pictures of the Sultanahmet area. Have a look:



That tree was in the way of my photo of the Hagia Sofia! Or was it?


With the winter's sun, now is not the time of year for pictures of the Blue Mosque. Or is it?


That palm tree has tourist information! (Turkey really is a strange place!)


"Çai Var"

In other news, I'm recording another new song for my First Regrets MySpace page. This one is about the popular Istanbul radio station, Radio Fenomen, which we listen to in the school bus each morning. I am so glad these kids don't have the English to understand these despicable lyrics! But then I wonder why they're listening to music they can't understand anyway. Anyway, the new song should be up and running sometime tomorrow (my evening, probably your morning, Americans), so check back then for an update. For now, keep listening to "Centuries Old," "Old Liar," and "City Love." And check it out: I learned how to embed songs into my posts!






1 comment:

  1. The Blog looks great. I can't wait to listen to your new song. I signed up for your blog subscription.

    ReplyDelete

Comments