Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gnocchi! And A Band

Ciao, Tutti!

Well, there are certainly some things I couldn't do from my 21 to 21 list. One of them was to make gnocchi so I could break down my self-confidence. Well, in guilt (and in four hours) I was able to use my new 21-year-old self to make gnocchi. All by myself. Without my awesome mother. That's right: I'm the first person between the two of us to make gnocchi from scratch all alone! Eat them apples!

Um, Mom's not a very competitive person. So this "victory" is very bitter-sweet. But whatever, I got to eat gnocchi. Here's the photographic evidence:


In the bowl


In the pan

And now, for the more important news for you potato haters out there. I think it's been enough time to announce my new musical endeavor, my joining rock band Flaming Fire as their deep electric bassist (what?). It's true. At the beginning of the semester I got a call from my friend, who sings and plays keys for the band (as well as Owl Eyes, our group), saying they were in need of a bass player. I've rehearsed with them a few times now, I'm slated to play a gig with them in October, and the dog who lives in the studio gave me a bloody nose, so I guess that's as official as it gets. So I think I can post this on the blog without being preemptive.



So, with no further ado, I have posted both the band's MySpace page and official website on the left-hand column "Links," formerly "Free Streaming of My Music." Feel free to check it out and wonder how I ended up involved in this whole thing. But as you wonder, please remember, it's quite amazing and fun. And no, Nana, I'm not doing drugs with them. Not yet.

Kidding, folks. Just kidding.

-Sam goldsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments