Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Monday, March 26, 2012

Expressive



Today I have three art-related pieces of news to share with you all, dear readers:

1) The paperback for A Torn Page, the literary anthology that includes my short story "Cliché Central," is now available in paperback in addition to its digital form released a couple days ago. It's inexpensive and educational, so go out and make our economy proud!

2) I have done something long overdue: rerecorded the vocals and remixed my song "JB's Unfulfilling Life," which you can listen to below in its new, glorious form. It was about time I let my friend Greg Englar, who rocks out on the guitar at the end of the piece, get the day in the sun he deserves. You can listen to it below by clicking on the little triangle. I also revamped "Fenomen" for the umpteenth time, which you can find by clicking here.

JB's Unfulfilling Life (ft. Greg Englar)

3) A couple days ago I finally exercised the lens I just had repaired. No waterfalls this time, but I took advantage of the nice weather we've been having here in Portland and found a view of the city to experiment with (emphasis on the word "experiment"). I hope you enjoy the results below.

And there we have it, three modes of expression, all in one blog post.  It's all too much to handle. I'm going to take a nap.

A little light painting makes this tree look swallowed up by radiation.

Without my glasses on, everything becomes a blur.
The trees zoom by. Whoosh!
The Portland city skyline. Can't you see it?



Light painting in the park. See the tree trunk on the right?


Portland through my eyes. After a few minutes of taking pictures like this my transition lenses became too dark and I had to go home.



2 comments:

Comments