Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Saturday, October 29, 2011

New Song - "Man"

It's been a long time since there's been a post like this! It seems that while I was about politics First Regrets was quietly preparing its newest single, the first complete song entirely recorded outside of Istanbul in 2011. It's called "Man" and you can listen to it at the official First Regrets MySpace page where it will appear 4th in the list, or you can simply listen here:

Man by First Regrets

Fun fact: I wrote the music for this song the day before my cousin Andrew got married! It's one of the last things that happened in the world while my cousin remained unmarried. I recorded the keyboard part while my brother slept on the other hotel bed; no one suspected a thing. But I didn't write lyrics until a couple days ago.

If you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know. I still have room for many more drafts to come.

Just because I'm so happy about how the song turned out, here's another picture of a waterfall I forgot to put in the blog post yesterday:

Horsetail Falls. I think this was 1/125 second shutter exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments