Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Global Day Of Protest

Today I was a part of something huge, worldwide, even. Today the Occupy Wall Street movement spread 'round the world for a day filled with marches and protests in 951 cities in 82 countries - I took part in the Occupy Portland chapter, which was co-operated by a group of war protesters. The protests have been largely peaceful, though not in Italy, as I'm sure the conservative news will focus on (Fox News doesn't even have an article as I'm writing this).

I took many a picture and, while I'm not able to post them at the moment, I promise they'll be on the blog soon. I'd planned on writing more but the fatigue of hours of shouting is starting to wear on me so I'll save the juicy details for when I get the photos up. For now, check out the photos from Occupy Wall Street's website that show the worldwide pictures (and a live feed!) as well as the news coverage from my favorite news source, NPR. Also, while I've been having a tough time finding resources on Occupy Detroit, a city that should definitely be occupied and where a lot of my readers live, I did find this website of resources for you to chew on: http://www.occupydetroit.com/

Keep fighting the good fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments