Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Internet Difficulties

It turns out that, for some reason, I can't view my blog anymore. The browser gives me some message in Turkish that I can't quite understand. Google translate says: "1Access has been disabled because of a court decision." Does this mean I'm being censored? If so, then 1) Cool! 2) What'd I say that was so important to censor? and 3) Why does this Turkish court still allow me to update the blog even if I can't view it? Only a matter of time until I'm restricted from blogging at all, I suppose. So if I suddenly stop writing, know that the Turkish Internet Police have finally caught up with me for whatever I did.

In the meantime, I see that I got a comment on my last post about the hidden museum, but I can't see what it was. Sorry, folks, but if you want to write to me or comment on the blog you should email me for now, at least until I get back to the States. I'm pretty sure my email address is on the blog, and if you don't know it already I don't want you emailing me anyway, so everything's perfect.

Now, to stir up the masses with flaming progressive eloquence!

Update: One of my coworkers says the notice I see when I try to load my blog says that someone complained about my site, so they shut it down. So cool, right? I wonder if I inadvertently said something negative about Atatürk...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments