Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Friday, December 18, 2009

Top 10 CD Lists

Ciao Tutti,

I know I just posted yesterday night, but something has been brought to my attention.

Both the Onion newspaper and Pitchfork Music have released their top CD lists of 2009. The onion puts Phoenix's new CD as #1, next to Animal Collective and Dirty Projectors. Pitchfork puts Animal Collective as #1, next to the Dirty Projectors and, um, the XX.

Sometimes I wonder if there's a point for me to post my favorite 10 CDs of the year with so many other lists out there. Well, I have just presented exhibits A and B as to why I should. Looking at these CDs, one would think 2009 was a pretty weak year for music, when it was actually quite strong. Only the Dirty Projector's "Bitte Orca" is close to having the innovation of a top 3 CD in that list, and I highly doubt any of those CDs would make my top 10 for this year.

There are still a few more CDs I need to come in possession of before I put my top 10 on the blog, namely James Carney's "Ways and Means" and Baroness's "Blue Record." Watch for my list in early January!

And please do look at my post from yesterday. Flaming Fire is in Vice magazine! Pretty sweet, huh? The link is in yesterday's post.

-Sam goldsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments