Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Love Pass It On: Opening of Eternal Christmas!

Ciao, Tutti!

Three quick items of news for today before I get to my mountain of work:

1) Eternal Christmas opened last night to a rocking crowd! We were able to open only ten minutes late, and the music was, as they say, off the hook, which is a phrase I always thought would have the greatest appeal for fish, not humans. I took hundreds of pictures after busting my a$$ for the last three days to help put this thing together, to the point where the director of jazz studies here at NYU thought I was neglecting my other duties. Anyway, if you're around the tri-state area and can make it to 525 Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn, you should. It's amazing!


The Stage


2) This Sunday will be the first of Eternal Christmas's Sunday series, curated by yours truly and Sarah Blust. As of right now there are only two readers for tomorrow, me and Patrick Hambrecht, and I have been working tirelessly to write something Christmas-like, or at least something that's not completely unrelated, to kick our series off to a good start. I'll be posting who will be featured in future reading days, so keep your eyes out for it. And trust me, it will get better and better each week!

3) My roommate from last year, David McTiernan, and his band The Middle Eight have just released their music video for their single "Love Pass It On," in which I am an extra. I think it came out great, and it was totally worth standing in the rain all day to make it happen. Check it out! I get to hand a girl an apple! And look out for Dave, too. He's the keyboardist.




Oh, and by the way, I have a ton of work for school as well. Yeah, I know. Totally lame. Either way, it's time for me to bounce. Ciao!

-Sam goldsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments