Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Flaming Fire Installation Site Is Here To Stay!

Ciao, Tutti!

On November 14, I posted that the installation project for Flaming Fire's Eternal Christmas had fallen through. Well, you can finally turn those frowns upside down! We just visited the space for the first time tonight with a whole bunch of folks who are going to make it happen. And it WILL happen. The opening party date is set for December 4, and Flaming Fire itself should perform there once or twice, probably on Wednesday, the 9th of December. The space is large and wonderful and has a basement with a low ceiling that I gave my head a bruise on. And there is also (get this!) an outdoor garden we are allowed to use, and maybe even perform live in! Isn't that sweet?

Speaking of sweet things having to do with this, I am (apparently) going to be curating a writer's day. We are thinking about doing it each Sunday during the day, and one of those Sundays will be mine, all mine. Imagine my evil grin as I rub my hands together - I rule the space for however long Sunday day is! Oh, you mortals will regret the day you bestowed power upon me!

Ahem.

Time to start contacting some writers who might be interested! And don't forget to have a happy Thanksgiving.

-Sam goldsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments