Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Dear... Improved!


Ciao, Tutti!

Ah, here we go! Finally, something great to share with you all! Let me catch my breath - the excitement is too much for me.

So I have now posted on my First Regrets MySpace page two "new" songs for you all, because I love you all so much (at: http://www.myspace.com/firstregrets , or at the left hand side of the blog under "Free Streaming") And when I say "new," I mean old. You see, mixing and mastering and realizing that I f-ed up some of the lyrics is a process that takes time, and the old songs are improving little by little. All it takes is a complete re-recording of the vocals and the adding of some lead guitar to turn a mediocre song into a... well, still mediocre song. But better!

Plus, I get to reveal the album art for the CD, "I Don't Know," at the top of the post. 'Aint it lovely?

Anyway, I have completely revamped "My Dear" (not to be confused with DEAR - Drop Everything And Read), so you should all check it out. It's the piece of music whose production package I'm most proud of at the moment. Check it out. Also I have added stuff to Taming Tigers, which isn't as big a change, but it's a change. You should listen to that one, too. Why not?

Now, on to fix that complete recording disaster that is "My Own Fault." Enjoy!

-Sam goldsmith

P.S. Joe Henry's new CD, "Blood From Stars," is pretty amazing. Well, somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 is amazing. Still, totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments