Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Photos From the 2012 Beach Vacation/For the Victims of the Clackamas Mall Shooting



These North Carolina photos have been a long time coming, I know, and most of my readers have already seen these shots, having been there when I took them. But I would like to share anyway because there are some photos in the group I am particularly proud of, and now that I've fixed my photo problem from earlier I can flaunt my artist's ego a bit.

But these photos are especially pertinent for today because of the recent tragedy that took place yesterday here in Portland. While I have never been to the mall where the shooting took place, apparently it's not far from where I live and Courtney and our roommates go there from time to time. It's times like this when something horrible happens close to home like this when I think of how precious my family is to me and how devastating it would be to lose someone I love in such a gruesome manner. It was emotions like this that inspired me to write "Unraveling" and even though the song is old it's still relevant. So let's enjoy the photos of a group of precious people, listen to the song of mourning, and keep the victims in our minds as we celebrate how lucky we are that our loves ones are safe.

Unraveling

Austin, the newest member of our family!
Little Sophia playing with my brother
Mad Antz: Aunt Marsha and Aunt Jan
The ocean outside the house where we stayed in North Carolina
Nana, the star of the show!
Four generations: Shira holding Sophia, Aunt Marsha, and Nana
Another sunset beach shot
Another adorable shot of Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments