Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Monday, December 31, 2012

Cummins Falls Photos



Yes, this is the last post I'll be making before we go over the fiscal cliff! Exciting, isn't it?

I've been recovering from a nasty case of strep throat followed by tonsillitis, so I wasn't able to get out waterfalling, or doing anything, as much as I would have liked to in Tennessee for this holidays. But the day before falling ill I made it out to Tennessee's newest state park, Cummins Falls State Park, to see the formerly privately owned 75-foot falls and tested out my new wide angle landscape photography lens. Here are some of the spoils I wanted to share with you.

On top of Cummins Falls: the 10-15 foot cascade before the big drop


On the trail
Cummins Falls Overlook. In the summertime that's probably a great swimming hole.
Courtney and her mother Susan taking pictures on top of the limestone of Cummins Falls
Ice on the waterfall
Looking out from the top of the falls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments