Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Monday, March 1, 2010

Owl Eyes Preliminary Publicity Photo



Ciao, Tutti!

With Owl Eyes looking for gigs we've started to take some rough photos. Eventually we'll do something more professional, ie. not taken from the seat of Jordan's toilet through his bathroom door. But, on the other hand, what we've got looks pretty great so far. Take a look!


Jordan





Me (Justina gave me those glasses! For keeps! They're called the "Owl Eyes Glasses." Pretty cool, no?)




Justina


We'll take some more once we have a fourth person to hold the camera. Stay tuned! And don't forget our first show is at Goodbye Blue Monday at 11:45 on April 8.

In other news, my senior recital is shaping up to be more and more awesome with each passing breath. In other words, I've started getting nervous! Which shows how much I care!

It also means no basketball playing for me until it's over. No crippling hand injuries, please! Also no Re:Write Review this Wednesday. I don't have time to be inspired to write short stories. I have rehearsals to organize, clothes to buy, pieces to tirelessly practice. Oh, and homework doesn't stop for my recital, either. And it's mid-term season. Yay...

But most importantly, it means you should come if you're still making up your mind. Again, it's in room 779 of 35 West 4th street at 6:00, Sunday, March 7. Free. There will be snacks. Come!

Final thought to share with all of you: I just bought TV On The Radio's "Young Liars" in CD form to make up for the rotten quality of the iTunes tracks I've been relying on so far. The difference between 5 MB and 50 MB sized song is enormous. 10x in fact. And I'm convinced that this 5-track EP is the most beautifully recorded piece of all time. When I listen to "Young Liars" or "Mr. Grieves" I can almost hear the walls of the Brooklyn bedroom it was recorded in. The sound is that rich. If you have the chance to listen to any music with full quality and a nice set of headphones or speakers, try "Young Liars." You all know how much I love TV On The Radio. This is by far their best work. Seriously. Do it.

Next stop: Vinyl!

One more image before I go:


Jordan and Hubert



-Sam goldsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments