Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sam Goes 2-0

Ciao, Tutti!

Well, I've got good news, and I've got more good news.

1) I just received word that my short story "A Fascinating Line" has been accepted into the publication West 10th Street! You can look out for it on April 3rd, when there will be a release party on - who woulda thunk? - West 10th Street. I'm super psyched about this; it mean's I'm a perfect 2 and 0 for submission season, between this and The Historian! I guess this means it's time to start submitting elsewhere... Look out, world!

2) Owl Eyes will be playing the first show, live, on Thursday, April 8, at 11:45 at Goodbye Blue Monday (in affectionate remembrance of Kurt Vonnegut). We've started playing with a drummer, Gabe, who subbed in with Flaming Fire for a couple of shows and really knows how to rock the place. Sweet! Thanks to Justina for doing the dirty work and getting us the place. Now all we've got to do is pack it!

In other music performance news: My senior recital is still scheduled for Sunday, March 7, at 6:00 at 35 West 4th street, room 779. And it's still planned to be mind-shattering.

Also, the Ralph Alessi ensembles will be playing at the Jazz Gallery, as we have done before, on Wednesday, April 14. It will be as cool as a rabbit wearing shades.

Now I'm off to celebrate! Yippee!

-Sam goldsmith

1 comment:

  1. hey sam, have a great time shattering minds at your recital! i'm sending your mother as my representative...tina

    ReplyDelete

Comments