Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Fascinating Line, Revisitted

Ciao, Tutti!

As with my short story, "Group Therapy," I have an update about one of my most well-received stories, "A Fascinating Line." I submitted it to the NYU undergraduate literary magazine, West 10th, about 60 seconds ago, so I have removed it from this blog. The submission period for West 10th is until November 20th, which is fairly similar to the Re:Write Review's November 15th deadline, so it's safe to assume that we won't be hearing back about the success or failures of these two stories until December at the very earliest. Don't hold your breath.

This sort of update will happen a few more times this year, I'm afraid. I will also be submitting "The One Tale From College" and "Cliche Central," at the very least, to other magazines. So read those now before you miss the chance to do so for free. Also I will most likely be submitting some of the sudden fiction pieces as well, and possibly also "The Secret Desires of the Cats" and "June's Confession" if I ever finish them.

Long story short (heh heh), you'll be seeing this kind of disclaimer a lot more in the coming weeks.

In other news: The Flaming Fire concert at SUNY Purchase college was da bomb, even if it was relatively poorly attended. Without a doubt it was the best show I've done yet with the group, and after my short time with them it's stating to feel more and more like I'm a member. Complete with broken bass strings, nearly broken glasses, and red hair spray in my beard... almost. We finished playing at 1:30 and got back to Manhattan (the four of us who didn't stay over, that is) at 4:00, and, of course, there was too much adrenaline to sleep with until 6:00. Then I was teaching Constitutional Law 5 hours later. I'm still feeling jet-lagged.

Welcome to the rock world, Mr. Goldsmith.

Also, concerning the ethically questionable state of the Flaming Fire website, I have some good news for any freaked out relatives. The website, as it stands now, is a relic of years past. The band is working on a new one as we speak that will be more modern and up to date. For example, 5 of the members of the current band aren't even in any of the band photos on the current site. So, stay tuned. It will be getting better shortly. And I think I'll start to bring my camera to shows and see if we can't update some of those photos.

I think that's it.

-Sam goldsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments