Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Yosemite Photos (Part 1)


All right, if I don't put up these photos of Yosemite soon I'll be desperately far behind the times. I have finally sorted through all of them time and again, and even after all this effort the photos are too numerous to condense into a single blog post. In short, Yosemite is amazing.

So here are some of the best shots I got in the first half-day aEnd the first full day. Enjoy!

El Capitan, the sentinel of Yosemite Valley. Sadly, already two people have died trying to climb to the top this year.
The granite walls make us look small.
Yosemite Falls
My friends think this shot of friends playing Frisbee under North Dome and the Royal Arches is great. I think it's nothing special. What do you think?
How many of my favorite photos featured Half Dome at either sunset (as this one is) or sunrise? It was very hard to narrow them down to just the ones you see here, and there are plenty more coming in Part II!
Another sunset
Sunrise, co-starring North Dome and a log

We trekked to Mariposa Grove of the Giant Sequoias on the first day. Here my little brother looks little indeed!
My favorite tree in the grove is called the Clothespin Tree because it was hollowed out during a forest fire. And yet it lives on.
Courtney hugs a tree.

Courtney and I at the Tunnel Tree

Another one of Yosemite Falls. This is probably my favorite shot I got on the whole trip. Click on the image to see it larger!
Courtney and I at the famous Tunnel View. It was too bright when Dad snapped this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments