Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Couple Music Videos

Have you ever wondered what To Your Soul I sounds like without the huge orchestral sound? I recorded a video of myself playing it on solo acoustic guitar so give an impression of what it sounded like when I first wrote it. Here goes:



I also made a music video of another song, although the quality is much worse than it is for the To Your Soul I song. A couple friends from high school are in a band, called the Thrstbusters, that is just on the verge of getting big - they've been on TV a couple of times and are looking pretty solid for the future. I decided to help out in my own little way by making a video of myself playing their newest hit, Bad Bad Girl, and throwing it up on YouTube. Nothing is more official than having a bunch of random folks playing acoustic covers in their basement when a fan searches for their favorite pop songs on YouTube. At least so I think. So I'll share that with you too, because, well, why not?




And here's the original:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments