Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Monday, July 16, 2012

A Few Photo Shoots

Recently I took a trip to the Portland International Rose Test Garden. Apparently because of Portland's unique and rainy climate, we can grow and breed all sorts of roses here - hence the city's nickname "the city of roses." Even though I am not usually a fan of macro (very close-up) photography and I don't have a macro lens, I think I got some decent shots of the flowers.











Then one day the neighbors set up a ramp for the kids to ride their bikes over, and I practiced some sports photography:

























Car commercial

Now that's a score I like to see!


Also I took a trip to the Columbia River Gorge to revisit a couple of waterfalls I couldn't get enough of the first time: Bridal Veil Falls, Munra Falls, and Wahclella Falls. Wahclella is stunning. There are many waterfalls out there that are awesome because it's hard to believe that they're real, but with Wahclella Falls what makes it so amazing is how real it is. It doesn't have majesty or pomp. It's stark reality makes it unbelievably beautiful.

Wahclella Falls
Bridal Veil Falls
Bridal Veil Falls


Munra Falls in the distance


Multnomah Falls. I was noticing how different the textures of the falling water between the upper and lower sections of the falls.
Wahclella Falls reflecting on the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments