Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Friday, June 15, 2012

Photos from Two Day Trips

Horsetail Falls
Last week during my mom and dad visit to Portland for the first time (yippee!), we took a little side trip to the Columbia River Gorge - how could we not? - and drove by a few of the waterfalls. Weather was odd, and my camera got so wet that my down arrow button still hasn't recovered and my pants are just starting to dry. Enjoy some photo evidence!

Shepherd's Dell Falls. Behind me as I was taking this photo was a camera crew shooting a car commercial in the pouring rain. They did not look pleased.

Horsetail Falls

Horsetail Falls

Horsetail Falls

Then on Monday I drove out to the Oregon coast with Courtney and her friends to see Cannon Beach, where Haystack Rock sits. It was a good time. We arrived at low tide when the tide pools were explorable and we could walk right up to the giant rock. The sun was too high for high quality beach photos, but I think I got some that are worth showing off:

The lighting isn't great on this one, but you can see how gigantic Haystack Rock is.

Cannon Beach


An unnamed waterfall, or possibly a sewage deposit, emptying into the ocean.
A rainbow opens up above Haystack Rock despite there being no sign of rain. The little dots in the shot are birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments