Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Photos From 11/11/11 Hike and the 11/10 Bike Trip

Upper McCord Creek Falls. This was the final destination on the Veteran's Day 11/11/11 hike. It's a 2-tiered 55-footer that feeds the 215-foot tall Elowah Falls, which I only saw from above on this hike.
Elowah Falls from above
View of the Columbia River from the trail
Close up on Upper McCord Creek Falls


I snuck down a dried-up river bed to the base of the waterfall to get some of the shots like this.
McCord Creek above the falls
Upper McCord Creek Falls "negative." Looks kind of like the droid general from Star Wars Episode III
Green grows behind the waterfall
Upper McCord Creek Falls

On November 10, I took my bike out to look at Mount Hood. The mountain was too far away for good pictures, but the fall colors were out and I got some good "watercolor" photos. I call this one "Spirit of Autumn."
"Bonfire"

"Ancient Paper"

"Forest Fire"



1 comment:

  1. Man, you really ARE in waterfall heaven. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Comments