Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Coming Home Announcement

Just so that everyone knows, I've finally got my plane ticket to come home for June 21, 4 days after the last day of school, and I won't be coming back to teach here again next year.

That said, please don't ask about my plans for the year to come because they're spotty at best. It's hard to think about the reality of America with its oversize cars and disgusting news media and paranoia around teachers and sexual deviants and its reluctance to notice poverty and its rampant rampant conservatism while I'm so far away, not to mention how I'd fit in to all of it.

I know I haven't posted a new song in a while (or anything, but that's the absent internet's fault), but that's not because I've stopped working on my First Regrets CD project. In fact, I'm just about 90% done with all the recording off all the tracks, and I've got 3 or 4 tracks you haven't heard that are just about ready for sharing. I'm still waiting for some guest tracks from friends back home that will hopefully make the whole concept pristine. So keep your pants on a little longer...

...a lot longer...

Okay, while you wait (with your pants on... I'm warning you) I've got another music video: an acoustic version of Old Liar I recorded in the park on Sunday. The sound's kind of low, even after editing, so I'm sorry if you can't hear everything. I also did a video of a Fenomen/City Love medley that is coming soon, plus I have plans for a No Meaning video. On top of that I'm writing some instrumental guitar music that won't be on the record, but I might make videos of. So don't worry: the musical creativity is still flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments