Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Taksim One Week Later


Yesterday me and my friend Hazal had dinner in Taksim. We met by the square, where a week ago a suicide bomber blew himself up, injuring 32 people. It happened to be in the week I couldn't muster the energy to drag myself to Taksim, even though I wanted to see my friends.



Being back in Taksim after the incident, you'd have a hard time telling anything happened besides the police barricade, which was somehow less noticeable than the ever-abundant crowds. And once we got off the square and onto the main street, it was as crowded and happening as I'd ever seen it.

Life goes on.


Hazal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments