Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Monday, May 31, 2010

The One Tale From College: Submitted!

Ciao, Tutti!

Despite being on summer vacation officially, I have not been able to get much rest in reality, even though I've certainly been trying. I've been quite busy for an unemployed college grad on his "honeymoon." Just to recap:

1) While the TESOL certificate hasn't come to the house yet, it's only a matter of time. I'm currently looking for seasonal ESL work in New York city as well as a year's worth of employment in Istanbul. No rest!

2) My grades for my last semester came in: straight A's for the first time, pulling my GPA up to 3.9 if you're using only two significant figures. Smoking!

3) Two seconds ago, I submitted my short story "The One Tale From College" to Fence Magazine. Therefore I've removed it from the blog to avoid any possible legal difficulties. Also, a last second decision, I submitted the story under my pseudonym, S. P. Arrow, so don't be thrown by someone with that name having written exactly the same story I wrote.

4) I've got to write about some of the great books I've been reading and great CD's I've been listening to. I've been meaning to for a while, but some things just slip the mind sometimes... Suffice to say that I've been devouring novels and new music as if they don't exist in New York City.

Sorry for the wait. I'll be updating more often in the future. I bow and beg for forgiveness, or something like that.

-Sam goldsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments