Sam Goldsmith

A blog about music, travel, writing, photography, politics, Istanbul, teaching, life, and everything in between

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Crap, I Need To Blog a Lot more Often, Guys!!! (C.A.N.T. B.L.O.G.)

Ciao, Tutti,

Wow, it has been so long since my last message! Well, be prepared to be disappointed once again. Until finals are completely over and my still unfinished Istanbul travel log reaches its triumphant conclusion, I am afraid I can't spend too much time on this site. As I speak I should be writing a fugue. Or something for my private composition teacher using the Fibonacci series.

However, I can give you a little preview of all the good stuff yet to come! Good stuff not including Detroit sports as of the moment, but good stuff as in my life. Sorry to disappoint.

1) Megan and Jordan and I have been recording music like maniacs, and we have a new song in the works, a piece Megan wrote called "Rose-Colored Spectacles." I have been listening to the rough mix on loop, and it sounds like awesome on a stick. As soon as we have it posted online I will provide the link for everyone. As soon as finals are over we will get to work on a piece I wrote called "Silent Stairs," a version of which already exists on my First Regrets myspace page. In other news about our band, we finally have agreed upon a name: Owl Eyes. We're going to be named after the minor character in the Great Gatsby. I'm so excited!

2) I performed a piece that one of my friends wrote, an extremely difficult modern classical piece for vibes and alto saxophone. I worked it up for a while and we performed it so well at his recital. I m still waiting for a copy of the recording, but when I get it you can be guaranteed that it will go up on my myspace page for everyone to hear. My friend, Leo, is an amazing composer, and this piece is something special, so I highly recommend you all listen when I finally post it.

3) I guess I still have to write to you about what happened in Istanbul to change my life so drastically. My original plan was to transcribe the non-personal parts of my travel log to the computer for you all, but as the log grows this task seems ever too daunting. Don't worry. I'll be sure to write something. But I don't quite know what it will be at this point. And pictures, too!

4) I will be playing the role of EXTRA in the music video for my roommate's band, The Middle Eight, for the song "Love Pass It On." Someday this video will be finished and up on this site. This is also the song that is featured in the forthcoming romantic comedy featuring Kathrine Zeta-Jones (I think I spelled that right...), "The Rebound," whose release has been stalled all year long. Anyway, in the music video I get to hand an apple to a girl who is passed out on the street. Don't know what that means? Neither do I!

5) Eventually I would like to get back to writing short stories again, but until then you have to hold your horses. I've got some ideas cooking in my brain, but they're currently taking a backseat to the music I'm writing. Oh, and finals.

6) For my difficult history class, Health Environments, I was invited to submit my final term paper to the national history society for publishing. I think I'm going to do it, even though I don't know if I use what they would call a "primary source," one of the requirements for submission. Either way, I'll let you know how it goes. I've been working all semester and even part of last semester on this paper, and I'm really proud of the end result. I hope for the best.

7) Hillary Clinton is speaking at graduation this year. Why couldn't she wait another year? That would make me want to go...

I should get back to work. Sorry for being so out of touch, everyone, but life comes first. Keep an eye out for more blogs. They will happen... they really will...

-Sam goldsmith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments